We need your HELP !
Please consider becoming a member or sponsor
Our membership fees are only
$20 per individual or $35 per family per year
Last year was a difficult time for our parks because of the drought. Martin-Fontana Parks Association spent most of last year keeping approximately 100 trees and shrubs from dying. Trees and shrubs were hand watered on a monthly basis. This included several older trees that were stressed by the drought. As a result, nearly all of the trees/shrubs we watered were able to weather the drought.
In addition, we have had and continue to have, an ongoing dialogue with the San Jose’s Parks department to address the turf and rodent infestation problems and the constant failure of our parks’ sprinkler systems. We are beginning to see action by the parks department.
Beginning this month, MFPA will be working with San Jose Parks’ to develop a 5 year plan for our two parks. Key components of this plan will be:
1. Planting drought tolerant native plants and shrubs that better suit our semi-arid climate.
2. Improvements to the parks infrastructure including children’s tot lots and other capital improvements that offers additional youth and adult recreation activities.
3. Rodent control, upgrading our parks turf, and replacing our aging irrigation system.
Lastly, we have continued our dialogue with PG&E regarding the preservation of our parks’ most precious resource: our trees. Your Membership affirms our community’s intent to PG&E that we are serious about PG&E being respectful of these priceless resources. We have been consistently successful getting PG&E to agree to prune, rather than remove these trees.
If you have questions/comments you would like us to address feel free to email us at:
If you are ready to become a member, a sponsor, or you need to renew your membership, it can be done in one of three ways:
1. You may renew your membership by using PayPal. Just click on the “Make a Donation” button at the top right of this page and follow the instructions.
2. You can write a check to the Martin-Fontana Parks Association and mail it to: Martin-Fontana Parks Association, 1177 Branham Lane #137, San Jose, CA 95118.
3. Or you could write a check to the Martin-Fontana Parks Association, let us know, and we will gladly stop by and pick it up for delivery to our membership Chairperson.
We encourage you to fill out a membership form to include with your check. It is available online here or you can pick up one at our kiosk in Jeffrey Fontana Park near the dog park.
Thank you for your past support and we hope you will want to continue to be a member of our association and the important work we do improving and preserving our parks.
The MFPA Board of Directors